Drama for Life International Conference and Festival
Drama for Life International Conference & Festival is an annual event that presents cutting edge research, performances, installations, dialogues, trainings and workshops that enhance the knowledge-base and experience of artists, community artists, arts healers and arts therapists, arts and cultural leaders and managers, arts educators , arts academics and arts researchers, and arts activists
The conference and festival has a broad focus on local, regional and global 21st Century concerns, including:
- Trauma, social justice and restitution through the Arts;
- Building a human rights culture through Arts Activism;
- Climate change, environmental and the role of the Applied Arts;
- Popular culture, nationalism and the rise of fascism and violence amongst youth;
- Sexual health and wellbeing through Arts Education;
- Arts therapies, mental health and wellness;
- Arts, migration and the refugee crisis;
- Arts therapies and healing practices in conflict and post-conflict contexts;
- Arts, public space and site performance;
- Arts, culture and an evolutionary leadership;
- Children, youth and theatre.
11th International Drama for Life Conference & Festival will be held in Johannesburg, September/November 2019. A call for proposals / applications will be announced in June 2019.
For more information, please email Caryn Green at firstname.lastname@example.org